Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Feeling patriotic, anyone?

Hmm...

Malaysia's 48th Independence Day is just around the corner (note : that's 31st of August for you fuckwits who still don't know) and I'm bummed... why? Cos this year, I won't be able to celebrate in the lovely Kuala Lumpur like I always do every other year (yes, I still fucking love that place. Love the busy and hectic life. Sure beats boringtown like where I am *rolls eyes*). No more seeing fireworks. No more hanging out in Sungai Wang area from morn til wee late hours. No more going nuts with a whole buncha friends. No more clubbing... Why is that you ask? Well, for several reasons :

1. Haze.

2. Parents would definitely NOT allow me down cos of the haze (I know it's like almost gone... but they'd definitely still say NO) ...and besides, let's not forget how they like to have their over-controlling claw into me, questioning my every move, every squirm... I get the third-degree just trying to take the car out of my home to go buy a reload card for my cell... yes, it's THAT extreme. Im not exaggerating... pfah! Funny, its only me who gets it... my sister doesn't seem to be bothered by them... sheesh! *rolls eyes*

3. I have to be patriotic (note the word HAVE in the sentence. Meaning Im forced to be... beyond my will.) Olympia College, Kuantan suddenly decides to make their presence known to everyone so they are doing that by joining the Merdeka Parade... which means we poor reluctant students will have to join the march... bleugggh! >_<

And it gets worse... We have two lovely ladies wearing some traditional clothings (ie. Kebaya, cheongsam, kurung, sari, etc... u get the picture) walking up front, holding a banner, saying something like "KERANAMU MALAYSIA... OLYMPIA COLLEGE" and behind us is our head student, Zaki and behind would be 3 guys holding, Im guessing, the Malaysia flag, the Pahang flag and possibly one with the college logo. Following behind is seven rows and x amount of columns of people in the march... well, that's not why I said it gets worse...

Here goes...

I'm one of the "lovely ladies" who gets to be up front... wearing... gulp, a cheongsam? Kebaya?! That's for being well-known and instantly liked by (almost) all the lecturers and staff in college... *runs around the room 100x, screaming my head off*

*Pant pant Exhausted* Ok... I've calmed down... Hmm... we haven't decided on what I'd be wearing though... the pretty (yea, she's a real beauty) Malay girl that would be walking along side me with the banner in our hands would be calling me to discuss what I'd wear. Maybe we'd be going for a shopping spree tomorrow to decide *whee!*
Or maybe I should just borrow my mum's never-worn-before cheongsam... it's kinda loose for me... but hmm... will ask the gal when she calls...

I'll try and take some pics of the event... and me in whatever I wear... and post it in here for you guys to see if I can... Hope I dun trip and fall... Oh gosh...

@_@


Ooh... Hmm... Orientation Night
Venue : MS Garden, Kuantan
Date : 17th September 2005.
Time : Still unknown.
Charge : RM50 (around that).
Attire : Dark blue gown <---anyone got any classy, sexy and beautiful gowns to loan me? I'd be forever grateful... pleeeeeeaaaaaaaaaase *winks*

No comments: